We also recognize that the growth of online services, including Internet services, has created additional privacy concerns, particularly for consumers. We maintain strict privacy policies in an effort to safeguard personally identifiable information (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”) and communications from unauthorized intrusions. Online privacy concerns focus primarily on the protection of PII which an individual or another customer reasonably expects to be kept private. As the term suggests, PII is information that, when associated with an individual identifies that individual, for example, a customer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or credit card number.
After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Onlea Enterprises Inc., 10310 Jasper Ave, #690, Edmonton AB T5J 1Y8, Canada
Collecting Personal Information
- Device information
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
- Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site
- Order information
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
- Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card, email address, and phone number).
- Customer support information
- Onlea may collect information from you when you access or use the Deliverables, including when you register for an account with us. Onlea may collect information from visitors to the Website. Please note we collect only the personal data that we need. Descriptions are as follows:
- Account Information. Your ID and related account details, including email address, devices registered, account status, and age;
- Device Information. Data from which your device could be identified, such as device serial number, or about your device, such as browser type;
- Contact Information. Data such as name, email address, physical address, phone number, or other contact information;
- Payment Information. Data about your billing address and method of payment, such as bank details, credit, debit, or other payment card information;
- Transaction Information. Data about purchases of products and services or transactions facilitated by us, including purchases on our platforms;
- Fraud Prevention Information. Data used to help identify and prevent fraud, including a device trust score
The products, services and materials offered by us include those offered through the Website and/or otherwise (collectively, the "Deliverables", which term also includes the Website generally), including but not necessarily limited to lecture series videos, audio streams and podcasts streamed over the Internet to certain connected computers, tablets, smartphones, or other related devices.
Use of Personal Data:
Onlea Enterprises Inc. uses personal data to power our services, to process your transactions, to communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also use personal data for other purposes with your consent.
Depending on the circumstance, Onlea Enterprises Inc. may rely on your consent or the fact that the processing is necessary to fulfill a contract with you, protect your vital interests or those of other persons, or to comply with law.
- Power Our Services. Onlea Enterprises Inc. collects personal data necessary to power our services, which may include:
personal data collected to improve our offerings, for internal purposes such as auditing or data analysis, or for troubleshooting.
- Process Your Transactions. To process transactions, Onlea Enterprises Inc. must collect data such as your name, purchase, and payment information.
- Communicate with You. To respond to communications, reach out to you about your transactions or account, market our products and services, provide other relevant information, or request information or feedback. From time to time, we may use your personal data to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Onlea Enterprises Inc., you may not opt out of receiving these important notices.
- Comply with Law. To comply with applicable law for example, to satisfy tax or reporting obligations, or to comply with a lawful governmental request.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address above to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Registration and Account Information
When you create a Onlea user account (an “Account”), we will collect and retain certain information from you, including your name, your contact information, such as your email address and phone number, and related personal information, such as your birthday and./or license number.
You may decide to integrate your Account with a third-party application (i.e. Google). In connection with such integration, you authorize us to collect certain information that you have provided to the third-party application, including your proﬁle information, as well as any information that you make publicly available on or through the third-party application. By using a third-party application to interact with the website, Onlea is not given access to your login credentials, username, password, or any information you may provide directly to these applications.
We do not control third party developers and cannot dictate their actions. When you engage with a third party application, you are interacting with the third party, not with us. We strongly encourage you to not provide PII to any third party unless you know the third party with whom you are interacting.
The collection and use of information by others are subject to the third party’s/parties’ own privacy policies, not this one. You are strongly advised to review the privacy policies of any third-party applications you use to interact with our website, so that you fully understand how the third-party website might collect and use information regarding your Onlea account and usage.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We reserve the rights to use Shopify Audiences to help us show ads on other websites with our advertising partners to buyers who made purchases with other Shopify merchants and who may also be interested in what we have to offer. We also share information about your use of the Site, your purchases, and the email address associated with your purchases with Shopify Audiences, through which other Shopify merchants may make offers you may be interested in.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary blacklist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This blacklist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary blacklist of credit cards associated with blacklisted IP addresses. This blacklist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address above.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use “cookies” to collect information and improve the Deliverables. A cookie is a small data ﬁle that we transfer to your computer or mobile device. We may use “persistent cookies” to save your User ID and login password for future logins to the website. We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the website, to better understand how you interact with the website and to monitor aggregate usage and web traﬃc routing on the website. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all aspects of our website. We may use the data collected from “cookies” and web browsers for its own purposes, both related and unrelated to improving the Deliverables. In the event we disclose this data to any third-party for any purposes, it will be used anonymously and stripped of any and all personal or identifying information. We do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
Reporting and Analytics
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail or by mail using the details provided under “Contact” above.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority at contact listed above.
Last updated: August 1, 2023